Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mokkosu (Kobe, Chūō-ku)

もっこす

Chuka soba : 8 / 20

This very local restaurant serves a simple ramen to seemingly regular customers. It had just a few recommendations on ramendb, but only good ones, so I was curious to try it. I ordered the chuka soba.



Broth: Quite bland, not even sure what it was made from.

Noodles: Thin straight noodles, nothing special.

Meat: 6 or 7 slices of tasteless chashu. I left half of it.

Toppings: Some moyashi and lots of negi.

There were quite a few condiments on the side, so you can give your best to try to change this tasteless soup into something more interesting. I half succeeded, but was still disappointed by the result. Ramen hunting brings its lot of good surprises, as well as some bad ones. Although its working-class and casual atmosphere is quite pleasant, I really cannot recommend this place; I’m quite puzzled that it go so positive reviews. The only positive thing I can say about this bowl is that it enabled me to enjoy better other ramen, by contrast.

More information on ramendb.

Another (more enthusiastic) review: Go Ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment