Monday, May 19, 2014

Makotoya (Osaka, Kita-ku)

ラーメン まこと屋 福島店
らーめん まことや

Tomato ramen: 14 / 20

This ramen chain features mainly a beef ramen, but also prepares a tomato ramen. I had bad experiences in the past with tomato ramen, but this one was recommended, so I gave it a chance. That was a good idea.



Broth: A hot, spicy (very peppery!) and thick tomato broth, with bits of coagulated egg. Quite good.

Noodles: Katame as I ordered, and just fine, but they did not strike me as being especially high quality.

Toppings: Some cabbage, negi, thin crunchy menmas, and unidentified green leaves.

This was a good ramen, the best tomato ramen of my 3-4 experiences. Most tomato ramen I tried tasted like bland western tomato soup, but this one is really a nice japanese twist on the recipe. I’ll have to come back to try their beef ramen.

More information on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment