Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dokamori Maccho (Kobe, Chūō-ku)

自家製太麺 ドカ盛 マッチョ三ノ宮店
じかせいふとめん どかもり まっちょ

Jiro ramen (with all toppings): 17 / 20

Eating ramen already too often for my health, I try to avoid jiro ramen, which may be the most unbalanced kind of food on Earth. But I like jiro ramen. So an evening that I was not meeting anyone (a jiro ramen includes a massive amount of garlic…), I indulged myself in a recommended Kobe jiro-ramen restaurant.

You can order there a sad-looking “normal” ramen, or a version with toppings, or “mashi” (more of everything), or “mashi mashi” (a lot more of everything). I had the version with regular toppings, and a default tonkotsu-shoyu broth (but it seems that you can order it with a shio-tonkotsu broth, if I believe some reviews on ramendb).



Broth: It seems to me that there was more soup than in regular jiro ramen. Anyway, it was so fat at the end that you really don’t want to drink it (although I think you can order your ramen with less fat).

Noodles: Some of the best noodles I’ve found in Kansai, fat and firm!

Meat: A few slices of rough meat, as is customary in jiro ramen. Quite enjoyable actually.

Toppings: Lots of crunchy soy sprouts and cabbage. Yummy.

Overall, this was a very nice experience. It’s difficult for me to say how it fares compared to other jiro ramen, but it was really good. Make sure you’re hungry before coming here (and if you’re really hungry, you can order the extra size).

Mazemen: 15 / 20



A few weeks later, I came back to try their mazemen. So: no broth, same excellent noodles, and some thick slices of meat that looked a bit fat but were good. It was also enjoyable, but I preferred the Jiro ramen.

More information on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment