Saturday, October 25, 2014

Yasube (Osaka-shi, Chūō-ku)

つけ麺屋 やすべえ (道頓堀店)
つけめんや やすべえ
Tsukemenya Yasubee

Tsukemen: 14 / 20
(つけ麺 )

I had already been to this ramen shop just next to the canal, but it was before I started that blog, so I gave it another try. It is, as far as I know, the only branch in Osaka of a chain with quite a few places in Tokyo. They specialize in tsukemen, that you can order up to the mega-gigantic scale (which, I had learnt last time, is definitely TOO big for my stomach). This time I took the regular, middle size (you can also order the tsukemen with spicy broth).



Broth: A relatively thin broth that does not stick so much to the noodles, slightly sweet and spicy. The soup wari was pleasant - they give you some dashi on the side to add to your broth to your liking - but maybe not enough, I thought it was still too thick to drink (but I'm sure you can ask for more).

Noodles: Thick, chewy, eggy and maybe lack a little bit of salt (but of course the broth makes up more than enough for this).

Meat: The usual long pork bites in the broth.

Toppings: Long, thin slices of mild and sweetish menma. A dry slice of nori.

So you have here a good tsukemen, but not exceptional. A couple of hundreds meters from there, you can find Suzume which might be better in my memory.

More info on ramendb.

The chain's website.

Other reviews: Friends in Ramen, and for the Tokyo shops: Ramenate, Enjoy Ramen, Ramen-Otaku, Tokyo Dining Out

No comments:

Post a Comment