Monday, October 27, 2014

Nanbantei (Osaka-fu, Toyonaka-shi)

南ばん亭
なんばんてい
Nanbantei

Shiroramen (ninniku iru): 10 / 20
 
My bus had been driving past this ramen nearly every weekday for one year, but its low ranking on ramendb did not really make me want to eat there. Leaving Toyonaka soon, I thought that I could give it a try though. I ordered the local’s special, the shiroramen - with garlic.


Broth: Imagine that Campbell would decide some day to make some industrial tonkotsu soup: then it would probably taste like that. The tonkotsu aroma is there, it’s not bad, but well, you can find thousands of better broth in Japan.

Noodles: Overcooked.

Meat: Probably the best part of this bowl, 5 or 6 small bits of not-unpleasant chashu.

Toppings: Some moyashi. No menma.

So I had what I expected. At 500 yen for a bowl, it’s difficult to complain though - so if you are totally broke and in a desperate need of a ramen bowl, you might consider to eat there (it is located in the middle of what might be the most ramen-deprived area of northern Osaka). Otherwise, don’t. Personally, I would definitely rather do the 700m trip to Marushou.

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment