Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tawau (Tokyo, Minato-ku)

東京らあめんタワー(芝大門本店)
とうきょうらあめんたわー

Hyiashi aesoba: 16 / 20
冷製和えそば

Finding a decent ramen place next to Daimo after 14:30 happens to be relatively difficult. Finally, we could find this shop that serves a large variety of ramen. I ordered the cold aesoba (a kind of mazemen), and my friend the shoyu ramen. Let's start with the aesoba:


Sauce: No real broth, but a fishy (niboshi?), sour, very pleasant sauce - at least if you enjoy sourness.

Noodles: They had the perfect elasticity.

Meat: Quite a few stripes of deliciously braised, salty chashu.

Toppings: A few thin, classical menma; some bits of negi and nori.

As you may have understood, this was a great experience. I also tried the shoyu ramen of my friend, but honestly, I was much less pleased. The broth was greasy, the noodles too soft and the meat not as good. I would barely give it a 12, I certainly don’t recommend ordering it.

 

We arrived at 14:50 and were received perfectly in a restaurant that closes at 15:00; and the employee gave me back a 100 yen coin that I forgot in the machine: this kinds of things only happen in Japan, really!

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment