Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hideyoshi (Osaka-fu, Toyonaka-shi)

大阪らーめん秀吉
おおさからーめん ひでよし

Niboshi ramen: 10 / 20

I’m still not exactly sure how I ended up in this poorly ranked - and far from everything - ramen shop, a few minutes ago from Shonai station. I guess this had to do with me wanting to explore the ramen scene in Toyonaka... Anyway, I entered in the restaurant and there was just the (young) cook and a friend of him. While I was waiting for my niboshi ramen (the shop’s recommendations), I had a nice chat with his friend. The cook served me my ramen, with the egg as ‘service’ - a nice gesture.


Broth: This was the big weakness of this ramen: honestly, if I hadn’t known, I could never have guessed there was a trace of niboshi in that. It tasted like… well, like nothing particular, really.

Noodles: Nothing special here.

Meat: Two thin slices of very average chashu, with a (too) large part of fat around.

Egg: Without contest, the strong asset of this bowl: it was a very high-quality ajitama, with a tasty, salty white part and a nice creamy yolk (slightly on the runny side).

Toppings: Some mild, sweet-ish menma. You can help yourself with ageing, hard dry garlic on the side, in case such a strange idea would cross your mind.

This bowl was saved by two things: the casual and pleasant atmosphere of the shop, and the surprisingly good aji-tama. I’m afraid this is not enough for me to recommend the place, but in case you happen to be in the area, they also have a mazemen that got one (only one, I’m afraid) good review on ramendb.

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment