Friday, August 22, 2014

San San Nana (Kanagawa-ken, Kawasaki-shi)

三三㐂

Ichibanshibori tsukemen: 15 / 20
一番搾りつけ麺

A few months after my first visit, here I am back in this Kawasaki shop, the most praised around the station. Last time I had tried the Nibanshibori (煮番搾り) tsukemen; this time I tried the first option, the ichibanshibori tsukemen.


Broth: A chicken broth thinner than your regular tonkotsu gyokai broth, which sticks to the noodles mainly because of its fattiness.

Noodles: Whole grain noodles, a little bit fragile and with no real chew, but instead a more granular and crumbly structure. Interesting for a change, but I think I prefer the more classical elastic consistency.

Meat: Three pieces of chashu with some fat (alas, not melting), it was decent.

Egg: A surprisingly elastic egg (difficult to seize with the chopstick!), quite well cooked, a little bit on the hard side.

Toppings: I may be wrong but there seemed to be two kind of menma, some with a strong taste, and some milder and sweeter.

Although nothing in itself was exceptional, the combination of crumbly noodles, negi and oily broth made for a coherent dish and an interesting change. The other tsukemen (nibanshibori) was thicker and better in my memory, though. But I would say that both are a slightly better choice than Akazonae, in the same area.

More info on ramendb.

Other review: Ramen Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment