Sunday, July 20, 2014

Menya Teru (Osaka, Kita-ku)

麺や 輝中津店
めんや てる

Tsukemen (with ajitama): 15 / 20

Ramen and tsukemen figure on the menu of this ramen shop, north of Umeda and close from Chayamachi area.


Broth: A good, thick tonkotsu gyokai broth that sticks well to the noodles. The soup-wari at the end provided an interesting twist in taste - maybe more earthy?

Noodles: Thick tsukemen noodles with a good chew.

Meat: Two slices of thick chashu, quite salty but good.

Egg: Two halves of a so-so ajitama - not unpleasant, but slightly overcooked.

Toppings: A few pleasant gingery menma in the broth.

All in all, a good tonkotsu gyokai tsukemen place; but seriously, two thick slices of chashu? I would have enjoyed my bowl as much with only one slice, and I don't need to damage my health more than I already do.

More information on ramendb.

Other reviews: Friends in ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment