Saturday, September 6, 2014

Men's room Kamitora (Osaka, Kita-ku)

麺’s room 神虎 (南森町店)
めんずるーむ かみとら

Black tiger ramen: 16 / 20
(黒虎らーめん)

I didn’t know this chain but it looked appealing to me when I passed by - especially since this one shop did not have any review on ramendb yet, and so I could try it free of any influence. Decorated with a few Showa-time style posters, with cool background music, it definitely has a pleasant atmosphere. I ordered the (tonkotsu) ramen, black version (with burned garlic sauce), with little fat (abura).


Broth: A very pleasant tonkotsu broth, very thin (assari), exactly the kind of tonkotsu I like - in the Ippudo/Ishimanji family... The roasted garlic brought a delicious twist. A bit too salty, but excellent.

Noodles: Barikata, as I orderered them.

Chashu: A thick, long slice of excellent chashu with melting fat, really the kind of chashu I love.

Toppings: Some long and quite pleasant kikurage, with a kind of noodle-ish feel that give a plastic-like - but pleasant - twist when mixed with the real noodles. You can also add some spicy veggies on the side.

This was a great assari tonkotsu and it’s difficult for me to find anything wrong in it, but like Ishimanji, not everyone may like this kind of ramen as much as I do. As far as I'm concerned, I will come back for sure.

More info on ramendb.

The chain's website.

Other review: Friends in ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment