Friday, June 12, 2015

Fusuma ni Kakero (Osaka-shi, Kita-ku)

麬にかけろ 中崎壱丁 中崎商店會
ふすまにかけろ なかざきいっちょう なかざきしょうてんがい
Fusuma ni Kakero Nakazaki Ichou Nakazaki Shoutengai

Italian (gentei) ramen: 14 / 20 

After our ramen at Bird, we went with Brian to Nakazakicho so that I could show him my favorite places like Minto and Amanto. Brian was in the mood for some further ramen experience though, so after a drink there I decided to bring him to one of Osaka top ramen joint, Fusuma ni Kakero - my third time there in two and half months! Fortunately though, they had a February Gentei (limited edition), so I could try something new: an Italian-inspired ramen!


Soup: It had a definite Western taste of consommé, but was a bit too fat.

Noodles: Spaghetti-like noodles, very easy to slurp.

Meat: The real asset of this bowl: some delicious, herbal chicken.

Toppings: This bowl goes crazy here: salad leaves, crunchy fried onions, spongious but tasty mushrooms, tomato bits and – sic – mozarella! (I'm not convinced by the cheese part though)

Overall, it looked like some italian spaghetti changed into ramen. I’m not fully convinced though and think this should remain an experiment; not a bad one, but their regular shio and shoyu are better - and I don't even mention their special Monday's SCS ebi-tori paitan!

More info on ramendb.

Other review: Friends in Ramen (for the shoyu ramen), Japan Times, Philoramen 1 (for the SCS ramen), Philoramen 2 (for the shio and shoyu ramen)

No comments:

Post a Comment