Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hiroya (Osaka-fu, Kashiwara-shi)

徳島ラーメンひろ家
とくしまらーめんひろや
Tokushima Ramen Hiroya

Tokushima ramen (with raw egg): 12 / 20
(徳島らーめん , 生玉子)

As I was going to the far away station of Domyoji to see some (awesome!) plum blossom with a friend, I decided to have a try at some local ramen. I managed to find a restaurant which was opened on Sunday and had received some good comments. I was excited to see that it specializes in Tokushima ramen, a quite special style of ramen, topped with baraniku and raw egg – I had tried it only at (the not-so-exciting) Todai before, so this was a good occasion for a second try.

The shop looks very much like a ‘roadway’ ramen, quite big, with a long counter, a few tables, and a canteen feel. Seems like a familial business, with the friendly old lady serving people. I ordered the version with the smallest portion of meat, and a raw egg – following the tradition.


Broth: Salty and assari, a not so special tonkotsu-shoyu broth. You are supposed to mix the egg in it, but it didn’t bring much, the soup is barely thicker with it – if I had to come back (but I won’t), I wouldn't order the egg. Sprinkle some pepper for a welcome addition.

Noodles: Not so firm.

Meat: A couple of hard pieces of meat, not bad, a bit smoked, quite different from usually – the fat part was not so interesting though.

Toppings: Some crunchy and salty menma with a classical taste of preserved food. A few moyashi that brought a little bit of freshness.

Overall, it was not bad, but nothing special either – barely better than Todai's ramen in my memory.

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment