Saturday, February 28, 2015

Shunnosuke (Osaka-fu, Toyonaka-shi)

しゅんのすけ
しゅんのすけ
Shunnosuke

Chuka soba: 14 / 20

I had been at this ramen shop south of Toyonaka a few months ago to try their reimen and had been very pleasantly surprised. On my way through Shonai station, I decided to stop again to discover another of their dish. I continued my shoyu ramen comparison of the last few days to challenge my natural lack of interest for this kind of ramen.


Broth: A classical shoyu broth, not too strong but subtle and pleasant. If I understood correctly the cook, this was made using a mix of niboshi, saba and katsuo - as well as some chicken bones. I could not recognise the niboshi (which I love!) unfortunately, but that was a good broth.

Noodles: Relatively thin and too soft to my taste. They remained very hot quite a long time, so 'gambatte' with your best slurping!

Meat: Two slices of good chashu with melting fat.

Toppings: Some thin, sweet-ish and very mild menma.

Overall, a good - but not exceptional - shoyu ramen. I clearly prefered the reimen I had last time, but that may be just a matter of personal preference. If you are in the area and like shoyu ramen, it’s worth stopping by. Also, the cook is serious but friendly.

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment